This was hard. Rolling Stone magazine asked this question on Facebook this weekend: “What is the best The Rolling Stones deep cut?” I decided to take the challenge and create a list of ten songs. But first, how do you define a deep cut? Anything that wasn’t a hit? Anything that wasn’t a single? I chose to draw the line at anything that wasn’t a single, though with a discography like the Stones have that didn’t make this task any easier. For example, with a broad definition like that, I could have filled 8 of my 10 slots here with songs from Sticky Fingers. I decided instead to spread the wealth and present my ten choices below. But to answer the specific question as to which is the best – I choose, “Salt of the Earth.” I could have added about 40 more. What would you choose?
Cross River, NY
- Shaky umpiring continues to impose itself on the post season. #NotMyChampions #mlb #Postseason #ALCS 1 day ago
- Karma. 5 days ago
- That wasn’t even close to a strike against Turner. And it wasn’t even framed all that well. That was just a big mis… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- Given that his catcher was god awful tonight, it’s hard to hang this all on Kershaw. But then, the Brewers seem to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- I’m convinced now, more than ever, that Larry Rothschild possesses incriminating photos of the Steinbrenners.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Well, at least we made them sweat. Thanks for a fun season @Yankees #Yankees 1 week ago